anyone tried a BD15 in transmission line (Off Topic)

by fu_man @, Thursday, June 12, 2008, 12:34 (5803 days ago) @ Bert

yes, thanks for the advice.
A guy i know did some computer modelling using a 130lt and 100 litre enclosure and thought I could probably get away with 100 litres for what he thinks i need... but still he said i need to test it. it's a starting point and I don't have much time these days to play - so I'm taking my time and have knocked together cheap box first. It's walls are thin but i might try damping them externally for testing. (eg sand bags)The ratio of the box should be pretty good... I worked out a size using some reference 'golden ratio.'

I like the idea of trialing a transmission line too but it might be a bit beyond me really. Seems that to tune to 35hz would start with a 8m wave length... then for a 1/4 wave would need a 2m long enclosure... according to Jon Risch's notes wool stuffing slows the sound to about half speed making the length look twice as long... so therefore would need only a 1m long 'tube'... somehow that just doesn't seem right. Mind you a 1m long tube with the internal sectional area equivalent to the area of a 15inch driver is still quite a lot of bulk!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread