PM2C with Stamm cones - right enclosure? (Drive Units)

by Stefan Herz, Wednesday, April 30, 2008, 10:24 (5812 days ago)

Hi,

I am new in this forum, so first of all a short story.
A couple of years ago I heard some Lowther applications for the first time. From this Moment on I knew my next loudspeakers will be a Lowther. To choose the right enclosure I heard a lot. But the main fact seems to be the right enclosure - drive unit combination due to some of them were really good, but some!
This year I get a pair of PM2C very cheap but damaged. I searched after a good recone service. One day I had a long call with Mr. Stefan Stamm from Germany. It was really informative and I understand the problems of the original Lowther cones. I send the drive units to him and only a few days later they where back again.
I know the sound of the original Lowther cones the old ones and the new ones. The cones of Mr. Stamm perform much better! I am really happy with them! In my opinion they were really close to AER. Thereby in the www are only a few information about his recone service, I wanted to write it down here… :wink:

But now my question, what will be the right enclosure for this driver? I think of Acousta, but Lowther say no on the page “enclosures to build”. Only a Fidelio seems to work well with a PM2C. Is that right? What are your experiences? Also the enclosures of Mr. Stamm looks very well but no one have any experience with them!?
An Oris-Horn is unfortunately impossible because of the bad wife acception factor!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread