Some questions about bass integration and XOs (Oris Horns)

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 18:01 (5945 days ago) @ Rooze
edited by unknown, Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 19:49

Hi Rooze,

I too use a digital crossover, the DEQX PDC 2.6P, and contrary to the opinions of some of my esteemed fellow BD-Design Forum members it is possible for an intelligent person willing to learn, engage in listening tests after trying various settings and to simply be persistent to arrive at an excellent arrangment. I have achieved remarkably good results. Don't give up on your original plan too quickly.

I have Oris 150 horns driven by AER MD3s. The bass is provided by the bass horns of a pair of Klipschorns. I use a nomimal crossover frequency of 160 Hz with rolloff slopes of 96dB/octave for the low pass and 78 dB/octave for the high pass. The difference in rolloffs is, of course, to take into account the accoustic rolloff of the Oris horns.

I am not familiar with your Lyngdorf, and reading the manufacturer's website wasn't very informative, but with the DEQX a very seamless, musically satisfying, transparent crossover is very possible.

Good Luck,
Don Reid

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread