Time alignment (Oris Horns)

by Stefan Olofsson, Sweden, Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 21:14 (6023 days ago) @ Bert

Thanks a lot (Bert, Stephan and GC) for your answers! I'm experimenting with the position of the horns and now it sounds best with the horn mouth approximately 10-15 cm in front of the baffle of the bass cabinet. I suppose the sound is depending on several parameters such as the room and my listening position etc.

Right now there's only one thing that's irritating me and that is a little hum in the right chanel coming from my SET 2A3 amplifier. This will be fixed in a while.

Soon I will have my turntable in working condition and my new CD-player arrives next week so I can enjoy listening to all my records and CDs on my fantastic system :grin: . I've had a couple of friends over for listening the last couple of days and it's RAVE REVIEWS for the Oris horns :clapping: !

I'm really happy with the way the horns present the music. They are so increadibly revealing. Every little nuance in the recording is presented in a microscopic way. I have never really experimented with different cables and haven't "believed" in cables. Last Saturday i was listening with a friend. He brougt his CD-player and a pair of Nordost Red Dawn interconnects. After a while he swiched from my "cheap" Audioquest Sidewinder to the Red Dawns. It was a stunning experience! The Red Dawns just ruined the sound. It became way too "forward" and aggressive. Attack and details just tore the "soundscape" apart. The airy, fluent and realistic sound and timbre was gone. The cheap cables just kicked ass! So now I know that "matching" components and cables is not just BS. My friend said he had never ever experienced such a big difference in sound just by switching cables. So, the Oris and AER are very "picky" about what you feed them a through what you feed them.

/stefan

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread