system to perform coherently. The sound is entirely focused and musical and
like Don, this is by far and away one of the best additions I have made to
my system. There may be slight losses in overall SQ because of the
upsamping and the (albeit good) internal DACs, but this is far outweighed
by the overall improvements to the system - its all about getting the best
compromises:wink:

At some time in the future, with Peter's recommendations, I will try a NOS
DAC, but with XXHighend fully installed the Tact continues to shine. For
the first time in years I don't have a need to seek out upgrades.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris...

Interesting what you write...a blessing for you, a head ache for me.

I agree you can control the time domain by the device. A persumed valueable thing, sure. :yes: and :unsure:
I had a long 20 years relation to Peter Lyngdorf, I was his first employee. When he bought the Snell speaker factory he found a Serbian fellow living in NYC, employeed by now passed away Snell himself, and "he" stands behind his Tact products.

Now visiting Peter every now and then and further saw Peter wonderfully argumenting for his device both at his residence in DK and at CES etc. Only he can convince people by merely argumenting as he's a champion in this dicipline..I am still left with the head ache.

I'm not aiming at an argue here, just reporting my findings.

If a room want's to add something or it wants to phase out something. It is the room that does it, no matter what speaker is filling it with sound.
Hey...OK, let's steal some energy from a DSP controller and an amp to fill in dips and gaps, and the room disappears...?

No it does'nt. IMO.

The room is still there, but your speakers are told to act as a phase shifter 22 million times per second.

A room is a natural thing to perceive. It is actually not disturbing our brain at all. We compensate for its excistance and what our ears really perceive is the speaker itself.

Ha ha--- Is the room responsible for you caNot hear your wife telling you to do the dishes? No..you hear clearly the "command". Now pass her voice through a TacT room corrector and you are free'd from doing it, because you heard her tell *not* to do the dishes.

Here is my head ache barried. The TacT room controler is not doing it's job as the main story is told by the speaker and suplemented by a print of the room caracteristics.

Who add's most to the sound. The speaker and what's driving them. Yes. And no if your speakers are unable to control the room decently. A ratio not to be forgotten.

I am not in a battle to fight room controllers. It appeals to a lot. But I'm less voting for it.

To be more precise: The speakers output is my wifes command. She tells me to do this and that. The room compensator tells me different. She didn't ask.

Who in this world would ask a microphone in a concert hall ambience to eliminate it? Only Herbert Von Karian did that. And through his Deutche Gramofone period he screwed everything up.

I live harmoniously with my room footprint as my brain doesn't really of natural courses care.

Where am I heading? Well, the room it self has to be adressed as first priority. Second you are able to make the speaker (not the processor) control it. The controller is asking a speaker to eliminate a physical construction? Not working that way around I think.

How is that possible? Enlighten me...please. :friends:

Well to you Frode: We are living in the physical universe. We can add a lot of gadgets to it. Even be happy with it. But still, no Pvaraotti is to pass a manipulating device my place to let him stand on the summit of Mt. Everest and yell out his voice not being incircumfaced by a concert hall.

That's my head ache about DSP's.

With most understandable and warm greetings :grin:

GC

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread