JBL Air coupler subwoofer enclosure (Off Topic)

by leifchristensen @, Saturday, March 17, 2007, 01:23 (6271 days ago)

Hello folks
Thought I´d share the thoughts about my plans for a REAL subwoofer.Picture was posted under the PASS EL-PIPO.
Had some correspondance with Bert on the execution of the concept and a tube was mentioned as the ideal form for such an enclosure.The narrower the tube,the faster the bass.So basically for my JBL2245 18 incher I need a tube of about 500mm inner diameter.The length will be determined by my centerfrequency preference: in my context,however excellent the custom BD 15 towers,I wish some more impact in the 40-15 hZ region,and it´s got to be able to follow the rest of the system ALL the way up to the 115+dB levels.For a center freq. of 30 Hz the tube length will be 343/30x,25 = 2,85 meters.
My assy thought was to mount the central dividing wall to one of the end "lids" and then when the driver is mounted on this assy,it can be "threadded" into the tube,Then the whole thing has to be sealed.
The opening in front of the driver has to be "adjustable" by a slideable lid over the port to adjust the bandwith and hence the output level capacity.
The whole thing could be driven by a Hypex 700watt dig amp module.
Any thought anyone.
Drawing under the PAS EL-PIPO link.
Best
Leif
Oslo

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread