strong adhesive for singular cabinets (Singular)

by MikeH @, Thursday, March 15, 2007, 13:23 (6223 days ago) @ GC

Good luck with keeping the Singulars together in one piece under the
stressing climatic conditions excisting there. :good:

I have chosen a moisture activated polyeurethane adhesive. It expands and foams slightly while curing which seems like a good idea for cabinets without leaks. It must be firmly clamped for the curing time so it will take a long time to assemble the cabinets. Methyl Ethyl Ketone is a very nasty solvent so I have to do this outside. website for the adhesive:
http://www.selleys.com.au/Selleys-Aquadhere-Durabond/default.aspx

Has anyone had any problems with this type of adhesive?

That copper laminate is only 105 euro per sheet, this is half the price I expected so I will order the ragged one on the right, I tried a test on a spare piece of 12mm MDF with contact cement, it was noticably deader on a knock test than a plain piece of MDF. (this is a good time to warn people to use a dust mask when cutting MDF, it contains a formaldehyde adhesive which is particularly nasty and a couple of small cuts were enough to cause coughing and irritation to my lungs and nose tonight.)

I don't have any web space to do a step by step construction but I can take some pictures if you like Bert. The boxenbau woebking site covers construction very thoroughly, if there is any particular stage you would like more photographs of please let me know. I will be happy to assist. I would very much prefer to document the construction of a pair of Orpheans instead, maybe in a year or two. :grin:

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread