amplification + integration with bass (Orphean)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 12:46 (6229 days ago) @ Bert
edited by unknown, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 12:49

Hi Bert,

Please correct me if I'm wrong :

Best if the amp is not bandwidth limited to play only from 150Hz and up.
Then you will need a pre-amplifier able to drive two main amplifiers per
channel.

Meaning : If you would use the normal filter setup with the bandpass amp, you'd still lacking the lower frequencies.

Also :
When you go like suggested, the "quality" (fwiw) of the "main" amp willl not contribute to the resulting output from the bass amp. Hence, the main amp is no input (pre-amplifying) for the bass amp then.

And :
Theoretically you'd need more power in the bass amp.

How many mistakes so far ? I hope not more than three !:grin:

Also I would think it needs another filter setup then. But that would be minor adjustments (?).

Lastly just a question Bert;
My setup just allows for a setup as suggested. I mean, I do have/use such a pre-amp. However, we went as "usual", leaving half of the outputs (of the pre-amp) unused. Now, could there be benefit from changing explicitly as per your suggestion ?

This is related to my above "statements" of course, one of them being about the "quality" of the main amp feeding the bass amp. I can imagine that it just might be better to use the quality of the explicit pre-amp.
Or ?

I am very sorry that/if I still don't get this picture in full ... :sorry:

Thanks,
Peter

PS: Sideinfo for others : my main amp is the same as the bass amp for quality (it's 2 stereo blocks).

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread