Swing it out ! (Part-2) (Swing)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Sunday, September 17, 2006, 16:23 (6450 days ago) @ PeterSt.

(Part-2)

To slowly come to an end, yesterday I first spend several hours to select a high end store where they should have the most proper amps for my likings, and then I spend the afternoon to visit one. Note that, no matter the above, I now have the stupid theory that the amps must be the best as well, and my current AB (50W A) class amps can't be it. Well, here's another warning : forget about going to a shop and listening to amps;
No matter the reputation of the shop, no matter how expensive the amps, no matter how expensive the speakers and no matter how many were carried in the listening room (I'm still sweating of carrying them) ... once you are used listening to something like the Swing, it is IMPOSSIBLE to "look through" the anomalies of all commercially available speakers. Anyway, I can't. It really comes to "not being real" as a complete disturbance.
I think I embarressed the guy by asking him to throw his $$.$$$ speakers out of the window (so that we wouldn't have to carry those back to where they came from).

Moral : you can only like the theories (or looks :cool: ) of an amp, carry it home and try. Then STILL it will be difficult, knowing what Bert did to get all really right. So that's needed too with your borrowed amp.

Okay. Last thing. The Swing is called the Swing because it can swing;

[image]
[image]

You just push it and there it goes. Now note the convenience of this !
I pushed it a little here, but it can go from near horizontally left to near horizontally right. With this you can change the stage drastically without actually moving the speakers. The stage isn’t only changed from more narrow to more wide, but also from lower to higher in the room. A most convenient tweak !

Thank you Bert !
(and GC :clapping:)

Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread