Orphean at home ... (Orphean)

by Rudolf150 @, Tuesday, August 29, 2006, 18:32 (6421 days ago)

In the weekend I picked up my Orpheans from Bert's place, and last night I plugged them in.

Bert and I decided to use the Duelund copper capacitor on the midrange (althrough) and the paper in oil on the tweeter. For the internal wiring I supplied Bert with Audio Consulting silver/cotton wire.

Before this I used PM2A in ORIS150, and got addicted to the horns. Thinking about the next step, I listened to the Orphean a couple of months ago.

Although I was hooked from the start, I still needed to get my head around the use of a filter and stepping away from the vintage whizzer/cone construction.

But after last night, I can assure you that I am over the moon with the decision to go for the Orpheans.

Even when using them without basscabinets , you just want to listen... even though they are bare naked without any bass foundation.

I listened now for one and a half hours, but it seemed like a beautiful flower that was slowly opening.

[image]

From the getgo, there was an extreme amount of detail. Incredible microdynamics, but also macrodynamics seemed bigger (I guess for the compression drivers these sound pressures are dead easy to deliver).

On several occasions the soundimage really 'took off'; expanded widely, deeply.

Bert, what a wonderful creation!

Rudolf

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread