Orphean sweet spot. (Orphean)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Saturday, August 12, 2006, 14:59 (6438 days ago) @ Kim Schultz

Peter, your system sounds like it is quiet different to Bert´s, would you
share some more details and perhaps a picture ?

Regards
Kim

Hi Kim,

First of all, please count me out as a real partitioner in the "horn" debate. I don't have horns ... :blush:

Anyway, I find the horns at Bert's place possibly the most focusing speakers ever, well ... his "old" ones ... :grin:
My point would be that I somehow can't stand a very well pinpointing bass, that is, it coming from a square decimeter somewhere in front of you. Besides that, for me it's not very practical to sit and listen at some sweatspot ... it's just not my thing.

I have it kind of the opposite, created by Infinity Renaissance 90's, allowing to be about anywhere in the room while the instruments etc. keep coming from where they should. I.e. they don't change places while you move yourself (in a room of 12x8x3m).

While the Infinity's contribute to this effect largely, most of it is created by other parameters, say all the tweaks and things we all working on throuhgout the day.:cool:
To my findings the more important "tweaks" are the (NOS-)TwinDAC, playing the whole system from batteries and last but sure not least : playing properly from the PC. For that matter I'm kind of proud to say that very recently I created the beginnings of my own player, allowing for a latency of 48 samples therewith eliminating jitter largely and implying a huge step opposed to (e.g.) Foobar, IMO.

Possibly relevant to you, might be that my setup is so that I can use my best -and dedicated- setup for stereo as well as (HT) multichannel (4.2), without changing a cable, and without using an -ever not the best- multichannel receiver. Here too the PC does the job, together with an RME Fireface, which is used for routing only (to the DACs->amps).

Kind regards,
Peter

PS: I don't think that anyone liking the horns, would like what I have ...
But you can be on the couch with ten.:smile:

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread