Orphean sweet spot. (Orphean)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Friday, August 11, 2006, 13:14 (6466 days ago) @ Bert

I listen at 4m distance, from there and further back all is the same. I
have them pointed about 10 degrees out and that provides me the wide
angle. Remember that there are 2 speakers playing (stereo).

... which is different from the original question, being about HT ...
Also, you are now talking about moving back and forth, which obviously will do for a few meters with a 10 degree "sweat spot angle" (not to be confused with your just mentioned 10 degrees pointing out of the speakers :smile: ).

When listening in stereo then the virtual image will move from one speaker
to the other more or less depending on which speaker is closer to you.
There is no stereo speaker that keeps the image at the exact same position
unless you only listen to reflections without any direct sound.

I don't think that's desired, nor was it the question. :wink:
My point was about the very small sweat spot angle your speakers require, and which IMHO does not satisfy to be with 4 people next to eachother (and not behind eachother :grin: ) on a couch. Certainly not without a center speaker !
Again, this is a main difference with a system like mine, which easily allows to be 2 meters aside with speakers 4 meters from eachother (so that would be just opposite to one of them).

In order to clarify your own explanation to me earlier ... your setup i.e. speakers are so much phase calibrated, that as soon as you get out of the sweat spot angle, the beautiful accurately focusing is lost. At all.
This is opposed to a setup like mine, which doesn't have the accurate focusing in the first place, but which OTOH doesn't need to be on the sweat spot at all to contain a proper image. Remember, a preferred choice by me.

Oh well ... :cool:

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread