What about AER? (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Tuesday, April 25, 2006, 13:23 (6578 days ago)

Hi All,

Pity that people do not discuss their feelings on this forum and ask or "complain" only direct by email.

With the introduction of the new Oris 250 range (not yet available though) I only finalised the version for 8" full-range drive units and one for one specific compression driver (the only driver I have explored and tuned for good sound in combination with my own bass system).

I managed this with the BMS 4592ND compression driver using a specific filter technique and several modifications to the driver itself which I will not explain to the public. Too many hours and money spend on that...

I have no idea how these horns will perfom with other compression drivers and if these can be mated well with them. I guess they can but it won't be easy, compression drivers have some serious problems which has to be solved first to make them sing...

The needed parts to be able to deliver a completed horn for 2" compression drivers is now in production, when I have all the parts (including filters and drivers) on stock then I will add these for sale on the BD-Design pages.

Okay, next issue. My present enthousiasm about the success with the BMS drive units does not mean that these wipe the floor with the other Oris horns using AER drive units. It is simply another way to achieve a musical speaker system and as usual, these speakers are compromised too. There is no perfection!

Which compromise is the best for you can only be decided by listening to this yourself.

The Oris 250 with the BMS compression driver and related filter is the best compression driver system I have heard so far (in terms of integration and musicality).

The Oris 250 with AER MD3 drive units, in combination with the new phase plugs, is the best sounding front loaded full-range driver system I have heard.

I am enjoying them both just as much for what they can achieve given the used principle... and for what it is worth, I like to provide the most optimal Oris horn to everyone with his own ideal.

I can now provide very good sounding horns for not only full-range and midrange drive units but also for people who prefer compression drivers...

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread